There’s clearly a keen interest in new technologies for our industry and there was lots to explore at Beef Australia 2018.
At Rockley, we are always keen to look at technologies that can help us increase productivity and efficiency in our business. While new technology can be tempting, my advice is not to buy it for the sake of it, and to always make sure it supports the achievement of a key business goal. Here are some examples:
- How BREEDPLAN and EBVs help us exceed client expectations
- Sharing genetic information along the supply chain: an industry priority
- Improving Rockley bull fertility using veterinary bull breeding soundness examinations (VBBSE)
- Repronomics Field Day: Rockley’s Take Home Messages
- Genetics technology field day – What did we learn?
A simple solution…
And while I’m always interested in technological innovations for our industry, sometimes a simple solution can be the answer. I find that you don’t necessarily need a super hi-tech solution to make a significant difference to operations.
We have installed a remote watering camera in paddocks that don’t have dam backup. It’s a straightforward and cost-effective solution to check that the animals have access to water at all times.
Here’s a photo of young Arnie and me doing a maintenance check. I’m sure he’ll get the hang of it before too long…
Please share this article with your friends and networks using email or the social media buttons below.
For more information, please call me (Ashley) on 0408 780 810.