For stud and commercial breeders wishing to improve production efficiency and gain higher returns, the current dry may be the right time to utilise more Brahman in your herd. From an exceptional family, Rockley LP Etheridge (IVF) (P) has superior genetics for the economically important traits for fertility, growth and carcase. We are delighted with him and his progeny and are now offering limited domestic packages of his semen.
In 2017 we made the vitally important decision to retain Rockley LP Etheridge (IVF) (P), a light pigmented and prepotent son of proven sire Doonside Mr C Eagle (PP) out of one of our most popular donors, Rockley Miss Datababe 17/14. A full brother to Etheridge, Rockley Dempsey (IVF) (P), sold for $50,000 at the 2019 Big Country Sale.
BREEDPLAN figures for Etheridge show he is a high growth bull, in the top 10% for 200, 400, 600-day growth, mature cow weight, carcase weight and retail beef yield. He’s in the top 20% for the Jap Ox and Live Export Indexes and in the top 30% for Flight Time. He has been entered in the Repronomics program.
We have utilised Etheridge in our IVF programs and his progeny include one light pigmented (also known as ‘pink nosed’) who is out of a black nosed cow. We are confident Etheridge will breed a light pigmented progeny when crossed with light pigmented females. He is breeding true to his type and his progeny look very impressive – we eagerly await their assessment and even greater accuracy in EBVs for Etheridge.
Also outstanding are our two polled full sisters to Etheridge, one of which is light pigmented.
Choice phenotype characteristics
We rate Etheridge and his family very highly against our 7 Elite Breeding Attributes:
- Fertility. Etheridge was joined at 18 months of age with an dominate older bull and he managed to get eight calves that were DNA tested. He is very active with females and is always on the job. We have successfully collected and frozen quality semen on two from two attempts.
- Quiet temperament. Naturally quiet, Etheridge is easily scratched.
- Sound udders. His dam had a sound udder and was the stand out phenotypically in her year group, backed up by her high score in our weaner grading system.
- Do-ability. Showing strong signs of fleshing at a young age, Etheridge has continued to hold up well when he is out at work.
- Structurally sound, especially in the feet and legs.
- Abundance of length and width.
- Clean underlines. Both his male and female progeny rated well in their weaning grading system results.
In addition, Etheridge and five out of eight of his progeny are polled, with one being PP.
Please get in touch for further details or to purchase from our limited domestic packages:
AU$110 inc GST per straw – 10-straw packages
AU$110 inc GST per additional registration
Call Ashley on 0408 780 810 or email email@example.com
Feel free to share this article with your friends and networks using email or the social media buttons below.