A three-yearly event that’s not to be missed, Beef Australia is always a great opportunity to learn more about what’s happening in our industry.
Kate, Arnie and I chose to leave the cattle at home this year and treat Beef Australia 2018 like a holiday. We enjoyed the social events, celebrity chef lunches, seminars and networking opportunities that together celebrated the Australian beef industry.
The luncheon sponsored by the Graeme Acton Beef Connections Mentoring Program was particularly interesting. This important program aims to develop the skills of young beef producers by providing training and personal development opportunities and a mentor to help them achieve their goals.
When I joined the Program in 2015 and began working closely with my mentor Ken Rich, my goal was for Rockley Brahmans to return to the sales ring and re-establish our brand and reputation as suppliers of very high quality cattle. It’s been quite a ride and Beef Australia 2018 provided an opportunity to reflect on the positive outcomes achieved for Rockley Brahmans and our clients since then.
- Our rebranding – Elite Red Brahmans | Premium Product – has been important in helping our customers understand what we do, why and how.
- We clearly articulated the 7 elite breeding attributes that we have used for decades to successfully deliver the quality cattle our customers demand.
- Our reputation for providing productive and profitable cattle with strong genetics, quiet temperament and efficiency to continues to grow.
- We are transparent about our business and share key aspects of our operations with our customers, including
- Since Big Country 2016, we’ve enjoyed a very healthy average sale price of $14,433 for 30 bulls sold at auction.
I’m confident that the multiple factors contributing to our success also include our attention to market demand; accountability to our targets; regular measurement that allows us to accurately monitor breeding outcomes; our use of appropriate technologies; and our respect and support for fellow breeders and the beef industry as a whole.
To finish, I’d like to acknowledge and sincerely thank all our customers and supporters who have made our journey this far possible.
Please share this article with your friends and networks using email or the social media buttons below.
For more information, please call me (Ashley) on 0408 780 810.